Lost

Thursday, September 26, 2013 / Leave a Comment
I have moments when this longing seems to engulf me. Images enter my mind like snapshots one might imagine they would see before they die, of their life flashing before them. I am not dying of course but I am convinced that a part of me is no longer here...it is back where I left it on Secret Town Road.

How does a person get so attached to a place? How did I get so attached to a place? I cannot tell you exactly when it happened but  it did happen and now  I feel as though I am grieving over a house, a place, a time that will never again pass...

I didn't realize how uncivilized I had become...all these people everywhere I go, I know there was once a time that all of this was the norm for me but that time is not now. I miss the quiet, I miss the smell of the mountain air, I miss my giant tree friends and my my best friends next door. I miss everything so much that it hurts , I just want to go home.

I wish I could take my Shelby and my Other Mother up there to live, then everything would be right with the world.

 Right now I just feel lost .


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top